The ashes are carefully transported in two separate parcels.
The pre-registered control number is applied. This makes mixups impossible.
The details of the deceased and applicant are entered into the Algordanza database.
Analysis & Tests
A weight and/or composition analysis is conducted.
A gas analyzer checks the levels of carbon and other elements in the cremation ashes without physical tampering. Generally, there is enough carbon in cremation ashes if an amount of 500g can be supplied to make many carats of diamond.
Cremation Ash Composition Test
Algordanza's International patent-pending technology
Our proprietary technique based on years of R&D allows carbon content to be extracted to a level of 90% purity, via a wet chemical and physical process to extract the carbon from the cremation ashes.
Carbon Extraction - Filtration
Conversion to Graphite
The stepping stone to diamond.
- Complete combustion of unneeded anorganic material.
- The carbon is converted to graphite via thermal treatment and gases are expelled.
- Structure of carbon is changed to form graphite.
Diamond - Graphite - Carbon
Time is of the essence. The size of diamond is determined by time.
- The graphite is loaded onto a growth cell.
- High-Temperature High-Pressure synthesis is applied.
- A rough diamond is yielded.
Algordanza Growing Cell
Raw Diamond Yield
Cut and Polish
Simply, your choice.
The rough memorial diamonds are then cut by highly skilled Swiss craftsmen to your selected shape.
The different cuts of memorial diamond available.
Our Authenticity is Guaranteed.
Laser Inscription & Jewelry
A personal touch.
- If selected, an inscription is added to the memorial diamond girdle and mounted on a setting of your choice.
- A personal inscription may be engraved. The laser inscription is only visible with a microscope. Depending on the size of the diamond, between 25 and 50 characters are possible.
- The resulting memorial diamond is then ready to be mounted to a beautiful piece of jewelry.
Algordanza Pendant and Ring Combination
We welcome your visit.
Our manufacturing facility is open to the public for viewing. We have great confidence in our process and services provided. If you get the chance, we recommend you to take a tour of our Swiss headquarters and see the ashes to diamond making process for yourself.
Office Visit Tour
- Advance booking required.
- You can visit the production facilities at any time during normal working days and hours.
- It is possible to view the carbon extraction of your order, but careful timing is required. Please contact our staff to arrange it.
- Crystallization facility tours are available. Though at the moment due to large demand, we cannot guarantee you will see your order in process.
- If you are unable to speak English or German, you may need to arrange your own interpreter.
For learn more about an Algordanza memorial diamond, please click on this link.